Aerospace Metal Hose Assemblies | Parker Stratoflex
Parker Metal Hose Assemblies are specifically designed for applications where chemicals and temperature extremes, either from media or atmosphere, are present. Factory welded and ready to install, Parker's metal hoses are leak-free, full vacuum hose solutions that offer exceptional chemical resistance, fire safety and limited permeation for superior performance. The metal hoses are designed in three styles: 9A – General Purpose, 9M - Ultra Flexible and 9P - High Pressure. The metal hoses are constructed with a hydro-formed corrugated stainless steel core tube. Hydroforming, which utilizes high pressure water to form the corrugations, minimizes residual stress in the metal and maintains a consistent tube wall thickness throughout the hose. The 9M Metal hose has compressed corrugations for increased flexibility. With the ability to operate in high temperatures and maintain shape under full vacuum, when other hose types collapse, Parker's Metal Hose Assemblies are useful in a wide range of applications, such as chemical transfer, solvent and steam lines, diesel engine exhaust and many more.
Parflex offers an unlimited number of metal hose assembly configurations. Please refer to the Hose Assembly Nomenclature pages 10 and 11 of Catalog 4690 to build a hose assembly part number based on available hose constructions/sizes and fitting configurations/materials. Please contact Parflex Division with any questions regarding available materials.
For applications with chemical and temperature extremes. Parker 9A, 9M and 9P are factory welded and ready to install. Parflex metal hose assemblies are leak-free, full vacuum hoses available in sizes up to 12" I.D. depending on style.
HOSE INSIDE DIAMETER:1/4 - 12 inch / 6 - 304 mm
HOSE OUTSIDE DIAMETER: 0.41 - 12.8 inch / 10 - 325 mm
MAXIMUM OPERATING PRESSURE: 14 - 6, 000 psi / 0.9 - 414 MPa / 90 - 4140 bar
MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 1200 °F / 648 °C
MINIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE: -380 °F / -228 °C
MINIMUM BEND RADIUS: 3-3/4 - 13 inch / 94 - 330 mm
MEDIA: Chemical Fluids, Hydraulic Fluids, Lubricants, Industrial Fluids, Steam, Water
APPLICATION: Chemical Transfer, Transportation, Hydraulic, Manufacturing / Industrial, Oilfield, Processing, Agriculture
WEIGHT: 0.06 - 13 kg/m / 0.04 - 8.8 lb/ft
HOSE INNER TUBE MATERIAL: Please contact Parflex Division with questions regarding available materials.
HOSE REINFORCEMENT MATERIAL: Please contact Parflex Division with questions regarding available materials.
HOSE I.D. (SIZE): 1/4 - 6
HOSE TYPE: 9A, 9M, 9H
NOTES: Parflex offers an unlimited number of metal hose assembly configurations. Please refer to the Hose Assembly Nomenclature pages 10 and 11 of Catalog 4690 to build a hose assembly part number based on available hose constructions/sizes and fitting configurations/materials.
- Abrasion and over bending - as a protective cover over wires or other hoses to prevent these problems
- Chemical transfer
- Loading/unloading of light oils, gas, and chemicals
- Power Gen
- Connections for the fuel rail to the combustion cans on gas turbine fuel lines
- Pump connections
- Pulp & Paper
- 9A/9M – Also compressor & AC discharge; diesel engine exhaust; hot oil and lube lines; solvent and steam line
- Excellent chemical resistance for successful transfer of chemicals
- Operates in high temperatures up to 1200°F
- Hydro-formed design yields a uniform wall thickness, promoting even distribution of stress during flexing and reduces concentrated residual stress
- Full Vacuum - Maintains its shape under full vacuum, other hose types collapse
- Fire safety - Maintains its integrity up to 1200°F, allowing for safe and successful operation in high temperatures
- Leak-free fitting weld connection
- 9M hose - compressed corrugations for increased flexibility
- Fluid Handling
- Pulp and Paper
- Power Gen