201 | LORD Acrylic Adhesive
LORD® 201 acrylic adhesive when cured with LORD Accelerator 4, 17 or 19 creates an adhesive system that will bond a wide variety of prepared or unprepared metals and plastics. LORD 201 acrylic adhesive in combination with the recommended accelerator replaces welding, brazing, riveting and other mechanical fastening methods.
LORD 201 acrylic adhesive can be cured with either LORD Accelerator 4, LORD Accelerator 17 or LORD Accelerator 19. LORD Accelerator 4 is a no-mix accelerator applied to the substrate before the acrylic adhesive. LORD Accelerators 17 and 19 must be mixed into the acrylic adhesive prior to application. LORD Accelerator 19 is available in off-white or black.
Shelf life is six months when stored at temperatures under 80°F (27°C) in original, unopened container. Storage temperatures of 40-50°F (4-10°C) are recommended. If stored cold, allow product to return to room temperature before using.
Data is typical and not to be used for specification purposes
Appearance: Off-white to Tan Paste
Viscosity, cP, @ 77°F (25°C) Brookfield: 100,000 - 300,00
Density, lb/gal (kg/m3): 9.15 - 9.65 (1096 - 1156)
Flash Point, °F (°C): 59 (15)
Working Time, min @ 75°F (24°C): 20 - 30
Time to Handling Strength, min @ 75°F (24°C) 50 psi Shear: 60 - 120
Full Cure Time hr: 24
Mixed Appearance: Color dependent on accelerator used
Mixed Solids Content by Weight, %: 100
Features & Benefits
- Versatile: bonds a wide variety of substrates such as metals, ceramics and plastics; insensitive to minor deviations from correct mix ratio
- Bonds Unprepared Metals: requires little to no substrate preparation
- Self-Leveling: flows into hard-to-reach places and is excellent for bonding irregular shapes
- Environmentally Resistant – resists dilute acids, alkalis, solvents, greases, oils and moisture; provides excellent resistance to indirect UV exposure and weathering.
- Temperature Resistant - performs at temperatures from -40°F to +300°F (-40°C to +149°C).
UL Approved Adhesive – when mixed with LORD Accelerator 19, adhesive system is UL 746C certified.