850 | LORD Acrylic Adhesive
LORD® 850 acrylic adhesive in combination with LORD Accelerator 25GB can be used to replace welding, brazing, riveting and other mechanical fastening methods. This toughened structural adhesive performs particularly well in low-temperature environments and applications that are subject to high impact, high peel loads or high fatigue.
LORD 850 adhesive, when mixed with LORD Accelerator 25GB, creates an adhesive system that bonds a wide variety of prepared or unprepared metals and some engineered plastics. This adhesive system is specifically formulated to provide the highest impact and peel strengths available in a room temperature curing adhesive with exceptional cohesive failure mode.
LORD Accelerator 25GB allows precise control of the adhesive bondline thickness due to its content of glass beads. For further detailed information, refer to the LORD Accelerator 25GB data sheet.
Shelf life is six months when stored below 77°F (25°C) in original, unopened container. Storage temperatures of 40-50°F (4-10°C) are recommended. If stored cold, allow product to return to room temperature before using. Protect from exposure to direct sunlight.
LORD 850 adhesive is flammable. Do not store or use near heat, sparks or open flame.
Data is typical and not to be used for specification purposes
Appearance: Amber Paste
Viscosity, cP, @ 77°F (25°C) Brookfield: 150,000 - 550,000
Density, lb/gal (kg/m3): 8.00 - 8.30 (959 - 995)
Flash Point, °F (°C): 59 (15)
Working Time, min @ 75°F (24°C): 6 - 10
Time to Handling Strength, min @ 75°F (24°C) 50 psi Shear: 18 - 24
Full Cure Time hr: 2
Mixed Appearance: Red Paste
Features & Benefits
- Versatile– bonds a wide range of unprepared metals with minimal substrate preparation.
- Durable - provides high strength for high-end structural bonding applications; 100% elongation improves impact strength and fatigue resistance.
- Temperature Resistant– performs at temperatures from -40°Fto +300°F (-40°Cto +149°C).
- Environmentally Resistant– resists dilute acids, alkalis, solvents, greases, oils, moisture, salt spray and weathering; provides excellent resistance to indirect UV exposure.
- Precise Bondline– allows precise control of adhesive bondline thickness due to its content of glass beads, 0.01" (0.025 cm) diameter.
- Non-Sag– remains in position when applied on vertical or overhead surfaces, allowing for greater process flexibility.