There is an important error in Parker Catalog 4400...
- The hose ends for Parker 611HT air brake hose are incorrectly specified - use HY Series
- The 341, 421WC and 601 hoses are not covered in the new catalog but we think that they are still available.
You may have downloaded or received a hard copy of Parker Catalog 4400 - Hose, Fittings and Equipment. We were notified by Parker that there is an error on page A-49. The correct crimp fitting to use with Parker transportation hose 611HT is Parker HY series.
The Parker Catalog 4400 on our website has been updated, and is available for download.
If you have a hard copy of Catalog 4400, please download and print the Catalog 4400 A-49 Update Page and insert it into your catalog. Even if you have the latest catalog (published October 2011), it still contains the error. PARKER WILL NOT BE RE-PRINTING THEIR OCTOBER 2011 CATALOG 4400.
Please help us share this information with your colleagues in the industry. Coupling hose with incorrect fittings can lead to hose assembly failure which can result in injury or death.
Read More about the Safety of Hydraulic Systems on our Blog:
- Danger of hydraulic injection injuries
- True story about a hydraulic oil injection injury
- Hydraulic safety hints
- Improving safety of hydraulic systems by using hose restrains
- Scheduled hydraulic hose maintenance
- Knowing when to replace your hydraulic hose assembly
Corrected Parker 611HT Hose Specifications
Posted by Marek Bobik