Custom Stainless Steel Brake Lines | San Leandro, CA
Hose & Fittings, Etc's Parker Store in San Leandro, CA is your local brake hose source.
Demanding enthusiasts have known for a long time that stainless steel braided brake lines are an inexpensive way to increase their vehicles’ braking performance. But the fact is that any driver can benefit from a better performing brake system, and stainless steel braided brake lines are the best bang per buck when it comes to increasing performance.
Are Custom Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines for Me?
|Decide for Yourself...
Brake Lines Don't Last Forever
The estimated life of a typical 'rubber' brake hose is 6 years, according to BrakeQuip, the manufacturer of aftermarket rubber and high-performance stainless steel braided brake hoses. The actual wear of your brake hoses depends on weather conditions where you drive and store your vehicle, your driving style, etc. Here are some factors influencing the rate of deterioration of your brake hoses:
- Moisture absorption into the brake fluid through the hose.
- Contaminants in brake fluid are abrasive on the inner walls.
- Hoses deteriorate from the inside as well as outside.
- Hose reinforcing fabric weakens from expansion and moisture.
- High brake operating temperatures.
- Constant flexing from steering and suspension weakens hoses.
- Brake hoses swell with age which causes restricted flow.
These products can expose you to chemicals including lead and/or DEHP and/or carbon black, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov