Parker Tube and Fitting Material Compatibility
As a general rule, tube and fitting materials should be the same. If different materials must be considered, the following chart can be used as a general guide. Since operating conditions differ with applications, this chart should be used only as a guide and not a firm recommendation.
Before making a final decision on material combination, it should be sufficiently tested under appropriate conditions to assure suitability for the intended application. For additional material combinations, contact the Tube Fittings Division.
Tube & Fitting Compatibility Notes
- For highly corrosive media or service environment, contact the Tube Fittings Division.
- Requires different assembly procedure. Contact the Tube Fittings Division.
- Low temperature limit for stainless steel Ferulok fittings is -20°F (-30°C).
- For brazing only. Grade 4130 not recommended with Parflange process.
- For use with Parflange process only. Not recommended with brazing.
- Use depends on specific application. Contact the Tube Fittings Division.
- Applies to tube material.
- Comparable specifications to SAE.
- With metric version of tubing.
- Not tested with Parflange. Contact the Tube Fittings Division.