Firesleeve Hose | Protection Against Extreme Temperatures | Parker
Firesleeve Hose (FS-F)
Parker Firesleeve is a flame resistant sheath that protects the hose from extreme temperature conditions.
Firesleeve Hose Features & Specifications
Firesleeve Hose Features
- Firesleeve easily slides over hoses and readily expands over fitting
- It can be assembled with Parker FSC or properly sized wormgear clamp
- Braided fiberglass sleeve and an orange, bonded and seamless silicone rubber cover
- Conforms to SAE Aerospace Standard 1072E
- Temperature Range: -54˚C to +260˚C (-65˚F to +500˚F)
- Note: The Firesleeve inside dimension (I.D.) must exceed the outside diameter (O.D.) of the hose and offer an allowance for easy hose insertion. For example, 201-16 has a 1.23 in. O.D. FS-S-24, with an I.D. of 1.46 in., is the suggested Firesleeve.
Firesleeve Hose Specifications
- UL 1441 Certified • VW1 Flame Test Certified
- MSHA Certified for use in underground mines
- SAE AS1072E • GL - Germanischer Lloyd Certified for 800°C for 30 minutes
- BS EN 373 Molten Splash Tested • BS EN 388 Abrasion Tested
- BS EN ISO 6940 Flame Resistance Tested
- BS EN ISO 6530 Oil Resistance Tested
- BS 2576 Tensile Strength Tested • DIN 54837 / 5510-2 Rail Vehicle Certified for Resistance to Combustibility
- ASTM C177 Thermal Conductivity
- DIN 5659-2 /5510-2 Rail Vehicle Certified for Toxicity
Firesleeve Hose Sizing Information
|PART NUMBER||INSIDE DIAMETER|
Firesleeve Hose Assembly Instructions
- Cut Firesleeve to the same length as hose
- Crimp one end of hose. Slide Firesleeve over uncrimped end of hose
- Push Firesleeve back from uncrimped end of hose and crimp second fitting on hose. Align the Firesleeve so it covers the crimp shell on both ends
- Using FSS-Tape-16, tape Firesleeve to fittings making sure to cover all exposed ends of the Firesleeve fiber. Repeat on the other end
- Clamp Firesleeve in place using the FSC Clamp.
Available Hose Protection Products
- Partek Defense | Provides protection to personnel and equipment in the event of a hose burst. Valuable in industries such as mining, agriculture, and construction. Contains hose bursts up to 12,000 PSI.
- Partek Wrap | Provides protection against abrasion and allows you to wrap mulitple hoses. Enables hose sleeve to be installed after the hose assemblies have been secured in place.
- Partek Sleeve | Provides protection against abrasion in two ways per the ISO 6945 specification: "AS" is strong enough to withstand greater than 200,000 abrasion cycles and "PS" can withstand greater than 50,000 abrasion cycles.
- PolyGuard | Provides protection against rugged operating conditions and abrasions. Made from black heavy-duty polyethylene shield for resistance against water, gasoline, hydraulic fluid and most solvents.
- ParKoil | Provides protection against hose kink and abrasion for applications that call for a tighter bend radius. Economical alternative with easy installation.
- Spring Guard & Armor Guard | Provides protection against rugged operating conditions by distributing the bend radii to avoid kinking of the hose and abrasions. Constructed of steel and plated to resist rust.
- Polyguard Strain Reliever | Provides protection against kinking of the hose. Made from flexible PVC for easy installation.
- Firesleeve | Provides protection against extreme temperature conditions. Easily slides over hoses and readily expands over fittings.
- Protection Shields | Provides protection against abrasion from metal, concrete and other hoses. Resistant to oil, lubricants, gasoline and most solvents.
Hose and hose fittings series must be correctly matched. Using any fittings other than those specifically designated by the hose manufacturer for use with each specific hose can lead to hose assembly failure. Hose assembly failures have lead to damage, injury and death.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and/or DEHP and/or carbon black, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
AVAILABLE HOSE STYLES
Select from the list below to navigate to a specific category...
- Air & general purpose hoses
- Aircraft fuel hoses
- Automotive hoses
- CNG hoses
- Fleet/truck hoses
- Multi-purpose hoses
- Food handling hoses
- Fire supression hoses
- Material handling hoses
- Petroleum dispenser hoses
- Specialty hoses
- Steam hoses
- Welding hoses
- Hose Accessories - Sleeves, shields, whip restraints...