Parker Cylinder Port Availability
Parker cylinders can be ordered with a variety of different port types and positions. The standard port location is Position 1, as indicated in Figure 1. Cushion adjustment needle valves are at position 2 and 4 (or 3), depending on the mounting style. See Table A for mounting styles in which the head or cap can be rotated at no extra charge. To order, specify by position number. The cushion adjustment needle valves rotate accordingly in such assemblies, as their relationship with the port position does not change.
|Mounting Style||Head End||Cap End|
|T, TB, TC, TD, H, HB, J, JB, DD||1, 2, 3 or 4||1, 2, 3 or 4|
|BB, DB||1, 2, 3 or 4||1 or 3|
|D||1 or 3||1, 2, 3 or 4|
Cylinder Port Options
- Option "T": SAE Straight Thread O-Ring Port. Recommended for most hydraulic applications.
- Option "U": Conventional NPTF Ports (Dry-Seal Pipe Threads). Recommended for pneumatic applications only.
- Option "R": BSPP Port (British Parallel Thread). ISO 228 port commonly used in Europe.
- Option "P": SAE Flange Ports Code 61. Recommended for hydraulic applications requiring larger port sizes.
- Option "B": BSPT (British Tapered Thread)
- Option "G": Metric Straight Thread Port - similar to Option "R" with metric thread. Popular in some European applications.
- Option "Y": ISO-6149-1 Metric Straight Thread Port. Recommended for all hydraulic applications designed per ISO standards.
SAE Straight Thread O-Ring Port Dimensions
|Size no.||Tube O.D. (in)||Thread Size|
|2||1/7||5/16 - 24|
|4||1/4||7/16 - 20|
|5||5/16||1/2 - 20|
|6||3/8||9/16 - 18|
|8||1/2||3/4 - 16|
|10||5/8||7/8 - 14|
|12||3/4||1-1/16 - 12|
|16||1||1-5/16 - 12|
|20||1-1/4||1-5/8 - 12|
|24||1-1/2||1-7/8 - 12|
|32||2||2-1/2 - 12|
International/British Standard Pipe Thread Port Dimensions
|Nominal Pipe Size||Threads per in.||Pipe O.D.|
Engineering & Product Selection Information
Pneumatic Product Selection
- Pneumatic Actuators & Air Cylinders
- Pneumatic Cylinders
- Automation Products: rotary actuators, grippers, slide tables, rotary tables, escapement
- Actuator Accessories: Linear alignment couplers, flow controls, air oil tanks, rodlocks, electronic sensors, shock absorbers
Application Engineering Data
- Operating Principles and Construction
- Fluids and Temperature
- Push and Pull Forces
- Mounting Information
- Tie Rod Supports, Stroke Data & Stroke Adjusters
- Mounting Classes
- Stop Tubing
- Stroke Selection Chart
- Deceleration Force and Air Requirements
- Cushion Ratings and Air Requirements
- NFPA Rod End Data and Piston Rods
- Modifications, Special Assemblies, Tandem Cylinders, Duplex Cylinders
- Rotary Actuator Torque Requirements
- Rotary Actuator Basic Equations
- Conversion Factors
These products can expose you to chemicals including lead and/or DEHP and/or carbon black, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov