Parker Cylinder Tie Rod Supports, Stroke Data & Adjusters
Parker pneumatic cylinders are available in any practical stroke length. The information on this page can be used to select the proper stroke for your specific cylinder application. For information on specific Parker air cylinders, follow links at the bottom of the page.
Standard production stroke tolerances run +1/32" to -1/64" for up to 20" stroke, from +1/32 to -.020 for 21" to 60" stroke, and from +1/32" to -1/32" for greater than 60" stroke. For closer tolerances on stroke length, it is necessary to specify the required tolerance plus the temperature and pressure at which the cylinder will operate. Stroke tolerances smaller than .015" are not generally practical due to the elasticity of cylinders. If a closer tolerance is needed, use of a stroke adjuster may acheive the desired result.
Tie Rod Supports
For long stroke cylinders within practical limits, Parker's Tie Rod Supports can move the tie rod centerlines radially outward. Standard tie rod supports are kept within the envelope dimensions of the head and cap and generally do not interfere with mounting a long cylinder.
|1||-||1||1||1||2||Special Request Only|
Note: 5" through 14" bore sizes - no supports required
Stroke Adjusters (only with metallic piston)
In applications where infrequent adjustment of the stroke is specified, Parker has several designs of stroke adjusters available. Length of the adjustment must be specified when ordering. Other designs are available for cylinders where frequent adjustments or cushions at the cap end are required.
Engineering & Product Selection Information
Pneumatic Product Selection
- Pneumatic Actuators & Air Cylinders
- Pneumatic Cylinders
- Automation Products: rotary actuators, grippers, slide tables, rotary tables, escapement
- Actuator Accessories: Linear alignment couplers, flow controls, air oil tanks, rodlocks, electronic sensors, shock absorbers
Application Engineering Data
- Operating Principles and Construction
- Fluids and Temperature
- Push and Pull Forces
- Mounting Information
- Tie Rod Supports, Stroke Data & Stroke Adjusters
- Mounting Classes
- Stop Tubing
- Stroke Selection Chart
- Deceleration Force and Air Requirements
- Cushion Ratings and Air Requirements
- NFPA Rod End Data and Piston Rods
- Modifications, Special Assemblies, Tandem Cylinders, Duplex Cylinders
- Rotary Actuator Torque Requirements
- Rotary Actuator Basic Equations
- Conversion Factors
These products can expose you to chemicals including lead and/or DEHP and/or carbon black, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov