Single Tube Preinsulated Tubing | Parker Temptube
Temptube Preinsulated Tubing
Parflex Temptube Preinsulated tubing is thermally insulated. It has a non-hygroscopic inorganic fiberglass material and it is protected with a flexible black flame-resistant PVC jacket. Parker Temtube is designed to provide an economical and highly efficient method of conveying steam or other hot materials through a plant. It is intended to replace hard piping and field-installed insulation.
- Parflex standard Temptube is thermally insulated for transfer of fluids or gases up to 400°F (204°C) while maintaining an outer jacket surface temperature of 140°F (60°C), meeting NEC Personnel Protection Code 427.12. Insulated bundles rated up to 1200°F (649°C) are available upon request. Tubing is available in many alloys and sizes, including metric sizes. See "How to Order" for specifying part numbers to meet your application.
- The Temptube products are typically used in steam supply lines, condensate return lines, cooling water lines, lubrication lines, refrigeration lines, and liquid nitrogen lines.
- Type 122 DHP Seamless Copper and 316/316L Welded and Seamless Stainless Steel are standard. Additional materials and wall thicknesses are available upon request. Please contact Motion & Flow Control Products, Inc. for material specification of metal tubing.
- Air-spaced, cross wrapped applied non-hygroscopic fiberglass thermal insulation for minimum heat loss. Optional insulation thicknesses are available; such as, 0.36", 0.72" and 0.96" insulation used in Cryogenic, Liquid CO2 and Liquid Nitrogen applications.
- The tough, black, 105°C rated, flame-resistant PVC (FR PVC) jacket protects the tubing against corrosive atmospheres, water, oils, acids, alkalies, and most chemicals. Additional jacket materials are available upon request.
- Each tube in every length of Parker Temptube is pressure tested prior to shipment to assure the instrument engineer a high quality, reliable, trouble-free product.
- Accessories are available for connecting multiple lengths of Temptube bundles and sealing bundle ends.
NOTE: It is absolutely necessary to seal the ends against contamination from moisture and/or corrosive liquids. Parker Hannifin cannot assume any liability for product damage caused by moisture from unsealed ends.