You know Gold Cup Heavy-Duty Pumps and Motors as a gold standard in the industry for technical excellence in hydrostatic transmission applications in marine, drilling, and shredding applications, among others.
You probably also know that the tried-and-true design incorporates features such as, integral servo and replenishing pump, a hot oil shuttle, and a unique servo control system; all of which combine to provide a rugged self-contained package that can withstand the harshest of conditions and continue to perform with trouble-free long life.
But here are six lesser-known features and benefits of Gold Cup's, heavy-duty hydrostatic piston pumps and motors:
- Precise, tight control only results in a 4-5% change in control between motoring and pumping, versus the typical competitor product change of 10%.
- Displacement control response can ramp up from 0 to 695 hp in 300 ms.
- Automated brake and bypass control provides smoother stop and start transitions, reducing the operator burden.
- Pressure compensator response reduces heat and results in an 80% reduction in system shock.
- 70% longer life than a typical hydrostatic pump. Since Gold Cup's inception over 50 years ago, these first-generation pumps and motors are still in use.
- Numerous certifications and qualifications ranging from military-grade to ATEX.