Factors like fluctuating or inexperienced personnel, shortage of skilled workers and increasingly difficult installation conditions can lead to tube assemblies being incorrectly installed. The results are leaks, costly downtime and inefficiency, as well as increased safety risks. Driven by the customer desire for simplified fitting technology, Parker developed the innovativeEO-3® flareless fitting system. Utilizing a special tapered thread and visual status recognition, it speeds tube assembly and improves assembly accuracy.
An industry first, EO-3 fittings feature a unique threading technology and indicator ring to make tube assembly outcome visibly discernable from the outside. Eliminating leakage due to inadequate tightening, EO-3 flareless fittings boost reliability and safety, and minimize rework.
How Parker's EO-3 Tube Fitting System Works
Port assembly by “feel” is inadequate, leaving too much room for costly and dangerous errors. Many times these errors are not discovered until final inspection or delivery. The EO-3 fitting system provides clear tube assembly status with visual recognition. This puts the user in control of making high-precision, high-quality connections fast.
Parker EO-3 Flareless Fitting System Applications Include:
- Suitable for general hydraulic tube assemblies
Parker EO-3 Flareless Fittings Specifications
- Manufactured from steel
- Working temperature range of -40°F to 248°F (-40°C to 120°C)
- Maximum pressure rating of 6,000 psi (420 bar) for all tube sizes
Parker EO-3 Flareless Fittings Features & Benefits
- New mechanical tapered thread
- New formatted tube design eliminates blow-out failures
- Indicator ring visually confirms completed assembly
- Prevention of over or under tightening leakage
- Soft-seal sealing ring integrated into the cone for eliminated loss and damage
- Elastomer seal for leak-free connections
- No torque spanner or extension required
- Compact design
- Octagonal instead of hexagonal nut for tube sizes 25mm and up
- Linking to existing EO-2 connections is also possible with an adapter
Parker EO-3 Weldless Tube Lines
Form the new EO-3 connections with the proven F3 WorkCenter, a fully automatic machine featuring high performance hydraulic drive and robust forming tools. When contructed using the F3 WorkCenter, EO-3 tube ends provide a fast, consistent and reliable method of tube preparation. In fact, compared to typical DIN 2353 cutting ring designs, the EO-3 end-forming process helps prevent tube failure due to incorrect presetting.